Sleep deprived? Whether you were up with the baby, someone sick, or insomnia you may find yourself walking through your day like a zombie. When my children were little I would wander around in a haze. When they were consistently sleeping through the night I wondered why I was still not sleeping through the night.
I learned I’ve experienced various types of insomnia since childhood. Since I have lived like a zombie for so long I have learned how to get through the day and get a few things done.
Here are five ways to live as a zombie:
1. Water! Cold splashes, drinking, showering (alternating hot and cold at end).
2. Greens and Protein are essential for nerve health and brain function.
3. Exercise. A brisk walk, climbing up and down the stairs. Something to get heart rate up 20-40 min a day.
4. Take several five minute breaks to sit and watch life outside your door–no t.v.
5. Give yourself 1-2 hours to settle down for sleep. Put the world away. No caffeine. Try foods with tryptophan like strawberries or yogurt; reading, doing puzzles, and positive affirmations also help.
May you thrive as you go forward in your zombie nurturing.
- The Cost of a Good Night’s Sleep (abcnews.go.com)