Crisp air, crisp apples, crisp leaves–I love Autumn! The sunsets and sunrises go to often unnoticed. The moon phases seem clearer. The trees and flowers give their last brilliant burst before they hunker down for a long winter’s nap.
We as nurturers can find ways to enjoy these days.
1. Spend time out doors daily–even when it’s cold, rainy, and the wind bites to the bone. (Coats, long underwear, and other items meant for your outdoor wearing pleasure and not just to run to the car and back.)
2. Spend time supporting those you nurture by embracing the season. Take your offspring, grandchildren, students, or elders to a nature preserve, state park, orchard, or farm for a day of memories. Attend sporting events and support local businesses.
3. Make apple pie, apple sauce, pumpkin bread, pumpkin bars or some other sweet treat and take them to a neighbor.
4. Find a new squash recipe and try it.
5. Watch movies with those you love.
6. Read Sherlock Holmes, the original by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, of course.
7. Decorate your yard, house, work space for Halloween or Harvest.
8. Take loved ones to a corn maze and enjoy.
9. Start planning your Christmas lists. Some things are best to buy now like electronics and toys.
10. Enjoy plenty of cocoa and apple cider. If these are on your dietary no list find a close substitute like chamomile tea or spiced apple herbal tea.
May you thrive in the crispness of the season.
- 20 Must-Do Favorite Activities for Fall (innerchildfun.com)
- apple picking in New Zealand and Maine (riperedberries.wordpress.com)
- Apple Days Are Here Again (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Getting our fall on (snapdragons.wordpress.com)