In Natural Health’s November/December 2012 issue (naturalhealthmag.com), they have a great winter thrival guide for health and happiness. Highlights include:
1. Ginger Thermos Tea– a great recipe for sore throats, coughs, nausea, fevers, better digestion and an overall immune boost. 1 inch fresh ginger, thinly sliced and grated, 16 oz boiling water, combine in thermos. Add any optional ingredients: 3 thyme sprigs, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 T honey, 2 fresh squeezed lemon wedges, 6 whole cloves, 1 star anise pod. Let sit 30-60 min. before drinking.
2. Epsom salt bath with chamomile tea bags (I also like rose tea bags).
3. Use lots of fresh ginger and garlic in cooking (I use the ginger powder).
4. Nourish others by finding ways to support them. Don’t forget to love yourself first so you have positive energy to love others.
5. Clear your Sinuses.
6. Get proper sleep-great for weight loss, hormone balance, and anti-aging.
7. Music-sing or play the blues away.
8. Positive conversation.
9. Add Magnesium for stress relief, better sleep and better calcium absorption–they (NH recommends Natural Calm brand and so do I).
10. Get enough Omega 3-eat 3+ servings of salmon or other deep cold water fish (sardines), flaxseed, walnuts and sitting in the sun for at least 15 minutes with out sunscreen. I wish I could eat the fish while in the sun in Bermuda.
May you thrive in your semi-hibernation.