This is Random Acts of Kindness Week and it’s going to be great. We don’t have to bake cookies and ding-dong ditch or some other complicated act. Here are ten simple random acts of kindness you can perform every day:
Ten Random Acts of Kindness
- Smile! Smile at family, at strangers, at co-workers, at pets, at yourself.
- Send an uplifting text, tweet, Facebook post or message to someone you know.
- Pay for the next person’s toll, drink, movie ticket, grocery item, etc.
- Give your server a bigger tip than usual and a note of thanks.
- Treat your co-workers to something sweet: cupcakes, oranges, strawberries, chocolates.
- Take canned and boxed goods to your local food pantry.
- Write and mail a thank you note to someone in your life.
- Listen to someone with real intent.
- Call someone in your life and let them know you are thinking of them.
- Play! It’s so important to play. Play a game, sing a song, do a dance, take a walk, play a sport, ride a bike… play with a child or other family members or do something fun by yourself. Your good mood will be contagious and inspire happiness in others.
May you thrive as you engage in Random Acts of Kindness this week and stay tuned for International Day of Happpiness coming up March 20th.